Looking for fun things to do in Greater Lowell with your kids? Below are our Top Picks for the upcoming week, September 16 to 22. We have lots of events and activities (many online, some in-person) on our event calendar in Billerica, Chelmsford, Dracut, Tyngsboro, Dunstable, Lowell, Tewksbury, Westford, Littleton, Groton and beyond.
NOTE: This page is updated every Wednesday afternoon. We have selected events and venues based on the event description but, in most cases, have not attended, so please use your own judgment when choosing events to attend or view. Age descriptions are provided by the event venue. If an event is sold out when we're putting together this list, we don't list it here, to prevent disappointment. Be sure to check our event calendar regularly in advance to catch fun events before they sell out!
TOP PICKS THIS WEEK
- Choose your fun Fall festival this weekend (or do them all!):
- Head to Billerica for the annual Yankee Doodle Homecoming parade, fair and fireworks on Saturday
- The annual Pepperell Fall Festival is Saturday, with live music, entertainment, food trucks and much more
- The Lowell Irish Festival brings live Irish music, food trucks and activities to the Lowell Memorial Auditorium. All activities take place outside.
- Pelham Old Home Day is all day Saturday
- Good Pickin' Farm in Westford hosts the Harvest Fest & Cow Patty Palooza on Sunday
- Brick Fest Live! is happening in Marlborough this weekend! Purchase timed tickets in advance with our deal and save 28 to 33%!
- Enjoy a Touch-a-Truck in Littleton on Saturday
- The Prescott School Community Center in Groton is hosting a fun Family Campfire program on Saturday evening.
- UP, one of our favorite movies, is playing at a free Drive-In Movie Night at Merrimack Valley Pavilion on Friday evening.
- The JV Fletcher Library in Westford is hosting a Rockabye Beats Back to Preschool concert on Thursday morning. Drop in for musical fun!
- Altitude Trampoline Park in Billerica has a great After School special Mondays to Thursdays in September -- just $10 per person for one hour of jumping or $20 for two hours.
- Apples are ripe! See our Apple Orchard Guide for information on pick-your-own at local orchards.
- Our deal at Bowlero in Lowell is back! Save up to 60% for 2 hours of bowling and shoe rental; available for 2, 4 or 6 people. Must be purchased 24 hours in advance of using.
- Ready to book Fall classes and activities for the kids? Check our Kids Classes and Activities Guide for local options. Check out these Open Houses and free events at our Classes Guide sponsors:
- Visit a farmers market -- Thursday in Tewksbury, Friday in Lowell and Groton, Monday in Billerica and Tuesday in Westford. See our Farmers Market Guide for all the details.
- Visit a new playground this weekend! Check our Playground Guide for local playgrounds that are new to you.
- Looking for day trip ideas? Check our updated Day Trips Guide. Enjoy the weather and head out to see the sights!
Friends looking for local family fun too?
We'd love it if you would share this list on your favorite social media by using the pink links at the top of the page.
Lowell Macaroni Kid is a free weekly newsletter and website focused on fun family events and information in the greater Lowell area.
We gather together all kinds of local family events and activities each week, and add useful information about classes, family-focused businesses, book and product reviews, recipes, crafts, school and camp guides and more. We proudly serve 11,000+ families in Lowell, Dracut, Chelmsford, Westford, Tyngsboro, Dunstable, Littleton, Groton, Billerica, Tewksbury, and other surrounding communities.
Subscribe today to receive our email newsletter every Wednesday!
Advertise with us to connect with thousands of local families!