Looking for fun things to do in Greater Lowell with your kids? Below are our Top Picks for the upcoming week, May 26 to June 1. We have lots of events and activities on our event calendar in Billerica, Chelmsford, Dracut, Tyngsboro, Dunstable, Lowell, Tewksbury, Westford, Littleton, Groton and beyond.
NOTE: This page is updated every Wednesday afternoon. We have selected events and venues based on the event description but, in most cases, have not attended, so please use your own judgment when choosing events to attend or view. Age descriptions are provided by the event venue. If an event is sold out when we're putting together this list, we don't list it here, to prevent disappointment. Be sure to check our event calendar regularly in advance to catch fun events before they sell out!
TOP PICKS THIS WEEK
- The Lowell Spring Carnival is at Regatta Field until June 5th!
- Springdell Farm's annual Field Day is Saturday. Stop in for fun on the farm!
- Cirque du Soleil's CRYSTAL, an ice skating adventure, is playing at Boston University's Agganis Arena from June 1 to 12, and we have tickets to give away! See our article to learn more, purchase tickets and enter the giveaway.
- We have a deal on bowling at Bowlero Lowell! Save up to 60% off two hours of bowling and shoe rental. You need to purchase the deal at least 24 hours before using it, so plan ahead.
- The Chelmsford Farmers Market on the Common opens Saturday from 1-4 PM. This new market now features artists and vendors too!
- Memorial Day is Monday, and the weather looks like it will be beautiful. See our list of Memorial Day parades and ceremonies, and bring the family to honor our fallen soldiers and veterans. Note that the Westford and Dunstable parades are on Sunday.
- Weather not great? Altitude Trampoline Park is open for jumping fun. Stop by for Friday Night Friendzy and Family Fun Night on Saturdays (both just $15 for 2 hours of jumping!). Don't forget to purchase their Summer Fun Pass too! If you purchase it by Tuesday, May 31, you can take 10% off using code SFP10OFF.
- See our Playground Guide and pick out a new playground to visit!
- Worried about your anxious teen? The Roudenbush Parent Connection has a free presentation, Parenting Teens with Anxiety, on Tuesday evening.
- Spend a day at Good Pickin' Farm on Sunday at the Springing Around Sundays event. Visit with baby animals, take a hayride, make crafts and more.
- Drive-in movies are back at Merrimack Valley Pavilion! This weekend they're showing Spongebob Movie and Boss Baby 2.
- Storytimes and activities are back in a big way at local libraries and are listed on our event calendar.
Our weekly Things to Do guide is viewed thousands of times every month. If your business would like to sponsor this guide, with your business information prominently featured, please email us!
Friends looking for local family fun too?
We'd love it if you would share this list on your favorite social media by using the pink links at the top of the page.
Have a great week!
Barbara Evangelista, Publisher
Lowell Macaroni Kid is a free weekly newsletter and website focused on fun family events and information in the greater Lowell area.
We gather together all kinds of local family events and activities each week, and add useful information about classes, family-focused businesses, book and product reviews, recipes, crafts, school and camp guides and more. We proudly serve 11,000+ families in Lowell, Dracut, Chelmsford, Westford, Tyngsboro, Dunstable, Littleton, Groton, Billerica, Tewksbury, and other surrounding communities.
Subscribe today to receive our email newsletter every Wednesday!
Advertise with us to connect with thousands of local families!