Happy Hanukkah! Looking for fun things to do in Greater Lowell with your kids? Below are our Top Picks for the upcoming week, December 2 to 8. We have lots of events and activities (many online, some in-person) on our event calendar in Billerica, Chelmsford, Dracut, Tyngsboro, Dunstable, Lowell, Tewksbury, Westford, Littleton, Groton and beyond.
NOTE: This page is updated every Wednesday afternoon. We have selected events and venues based on the event description but, in most cases, have not attended, so please use your own judgment when choosing events to attend or view. Age descriptions are provided by the event venue. If an event is sold out when we're putting together this list, we don't list it here, to prevent disappointment. Be sure to check our event calendar regularly in advance to catch fun events before they sell out!
TOP PICKS THIS WEEK
This coming weekend is PACKED with holiday events. Take a look at our top picks below and check the event calendar for other options too.
- The Tyngsborough Festival of Trees opens on Thursday and runs through the weekend. On Saturday, there are all kinds of kids activities and the tree lighting.
- Celebrate Hanukkah on Sunday at the Hannukah Story Lantern Walk in Chelmsford.
- Several tree lightings happening this weekend:
- The Tewksbury Holiday Celebration and Tree Lighting is Friday evening.
- The Billerica Tree Lighting is Saturday afternoon
- The Dracut Tree Lighting is Saturday afternoon, in conjunction with the Gingerbread Display at Harmony Hall.
- The Tyngsborough Tree Lighting happens as part of the Festival of Trees.
- Chelmsford's tree will be lit at the Holiday Prelude on Sunday afternoon.
- The Littleton Tree Lighting is Sunday afternoon.
- Hoping to see Santa? Try these events:
- Santa Visits Littleton Lumber (must pre-register)
- Tyngsborough Festival of Trees (Santa there in late afternoon)
- Holly Fair in Lowell
- Santa visit and hay ride at Lawndale Farm
- Gingerbread House Display & Contest (Santa there in late afternoon)
- Visit with Santa at Weston Nurseries
- Visit with him at the Chelmsford Holiday Prelude and Tree Lighting
- Love craft and holiday fairs and markets? Check out these options this weekend:
- Some other events for those who love holiday music and displays:
- The Gingerbread Village display will be at All Saints Church in Chelmsford on Saturday and Sunday.
- See the free Holiday Classic film "Elf" at Showcase Cinema on Saturday morning.
- Another Gingerbread House Display in Dracut all day on Saturday.
- The Lowell Philharmonic Orchestra presents the Holiday Sleigh Ride concert on Saturday afternoon.
- Visit the Farm Festival of Lights at Good Pickin' Farm in Westford on Saturday or Sunday.
- Go caroling with Music Elements in Chelmsford on Saturday afternoon.
- Enjoy the Chelmsford Holiday Party Pops on Saturday evening.
- We're lucky to have THREE tree hunts in Greater Lowell. Spend the next few weeks tracking down all of the outdoor trees in the Amazing Decorated Winter Tree Scavenger Hunt in Chelmsford, the Littleton Little Town Tree Hunt and the 2021 Groton Winter Tree Stroll!
- See our Holiday Fun Guide for more holiday ideas, including lights shows and festivals of trees, holiday shows and Nutcrackers, holiday train rides and more!
- Interested in Winter classes and activities for the kids? Check our Kids Classes and Activities Guide for local options.
- Visit a new playground this weekend! Check our Playground Guide for local playgrounds that are new to you.
- Looking for day trip ideas? Check our updated Day Trips Guide. Enjoy the weather and head out to see the sights!
Our weekly Things to Do guide is viewed thousands of times every month. If your business would like to sponsor this guide, with your business information prominently featured, please email us!
Friends looking for local family fun too?
We'd love it if you would share this list on your favorite social media by using the pink links at the top of the page.
Lowell Macaroni Kid is a free weekly newsletter and website focused on fun family events and information in the greater Lowell area.
We gather together all kinds of local family events and activities each week, and add useful information about classes, family-focused businesses, book and product reviews, recipes, crafts, school and camp guides and more. We proudly serve 11,000+ families in Lowell, Dracut, Chelmsford, Westford, Tyngsboro, Dunstable, Littleton, Groton, Billerica, Tewksbury, and other surrounding communities.
Subscribe today to receive our email newsletter every Wednesday!
Advertise with us to connect with thousands of local families!