Does your family enjoy selecting and cutting down a Christmas tree together? See our list of local Christmas tree farms below!
We've cut down Christmas trees several times over the years, and it's fun! The kids love to run around the fields, comparing trees and searching for the perfect one. Many tree farms serve hot cocoa or cider, and some also have shops with wreaths, garlands and ornaments.
Some tips if you're planning to cut down the perfect tree this year:
- Tree-cutting usually starts the day after Thanksgiving and lasts until the available trees are gone. Sometimes this can be just one weekend, depending on the size of the farm, or there may be enough to last until mid-December. Don't wait too long! Ask at the tree farm how to tag your tree early if you plan to come back again next year.
- Needless to say, dress warmly! Gloves especially, and good boots -- the fields can be wet and boggy in places.
- Most tree farms are cash only.
- Measure the space where your tree will go and bring a measuring tape with you. It's surprising how small a tree can look when it's at the tree farm, out in nature. Trust the measurements though, and stick with them, so you don't end up having to cram an enormous tree into your house.
- Make a plan for getting it home. Will it go in the back of your SUV? Will it go on the roof? Tree farms will have twine to tie it onto the roof for you. Bring a sheet to line the inside of your van or SUV, to collect dropped needles, or to put on the roof, to prevent scratches.
Local Tree Farms
Greenwood Tree Farm
96 Dudley Rd
2022 information not yet posted.
Good Pickin' Farm
5 Gould Road
Good Pickin' Farm has trees for sale from 10am - 6pm weekend November 25 - December 23. All trees are $85 and about 6-6.5' tall.
D.J. Hussey Farm
20 Burgess Rd
Pick your own starting November 19.
1 Kemp St
Wild West Landscape
61 Carlisle Rd
Riverwind Tree Farm
2415 Main St
Opens November 25
Harrod Tree Farm
83 Groton Rd
Opens November 25.
Pierce's Tree Farm (Now owned by Hollis Hills Farm)
165 West Townsend Rd
Cut your own and pre cut is available November 19 & 20. Beginning November 25th pre cut trees are available Saturday & Sunday 8am-4pm and Tuesday-Friday 10am-4pm until mid-December.
327 Ayer Rd
Mistletoe Christmas Tree Farm
149 Whitman St
Mistletoe opens November 19.
65 School St
Donovan & Sons will only open for a few select December Weekdays. Check their Facebook page for updates.
For more options in the Andover area, check Macaroni Kid Merrimack Valley MA's Christmas Trees & Holiday Decor Guide
For more options in the Worcester area, check Macaroni Kid Worcester's Christmas Tree Farms in Greater Worcester Guide
Lowell Macaroni Kid is a free weekly newsletter and website focused on fun family events and information in the greater Lowell area.
We gather together all kinds of local family events and activities each week, and add useful information about classes, family-focused businesses, book and product reviews, recipes, crafts, school and camp guides and more. We proudly serve 11,000+ families in Lowell, Dracut, Chelmsford, Westford, Tyngsboro, Dunstable, Littleton, Groton, Billerica, Tewksbury, and other surrounding communities.
Subscribe today to receive our email newsletter every Wednesday!
Advertise with us to connect with thousands of local families!