Updated for 2022
One of my favorite memories as a child is enjoying a picnic with my family at a summer concert, running in the grass with other kids and dancing in front of the band. It's a relaxing, delightful summer tradition. The Greater Lowell area is rich with free summer music opportunities almost every night of the week. Below is a guide to all of the local summer music concert series. All concerts are listed on our Event Calendar.
Note that all performers are subject to change and concerts may be cancelled or rescheduled due to weather.
Summer Concerts on the Common
Monday evenings July 11 to August 1 at 7 PM
Chelmsford Community Band
Tuesdays evenings July 12 to August 16 Facebook page
All performances are held on the Chelmsford Town Common at 7 PM.
- July 3: Independence Day Concert
- July 12: Jazz Band
- July 19: Concert Band
- July 26: Jazz Band
- August 2: Concert Band
- August 9: Concert Band
- August 16: Jazz Band
MacKay Library Concert Series
All ages are invited to enjoy a concert on the lawn at MacKay. Bring your chairs or a blanket and a picnic.
- July 6: Jazz guitarist Abe Ovadia
- July 13: The Ben Knight Band
- July 20: Retro Polatin (50s-60s rock and roll)
- August 3: Sulinha Boucher Trio
- August 17: Steve Blunt and Friends
- August 24: The Plum Island Pans
Parker Memorial Library Summer Concerts
Information not yet available
Wednesdays 6:30 - 8:30 PM Facebook page
All concerts held on the Dunstable Town Common at 510 Main St, Dunstable. Bring a blanket or lawn chairs.
- June 22: The Easy Winners with Justin Meyer
- June 29: Mindrift
- July 6: Stomp N Holler
- July 13: The Band from UNCLE
- July 20: Back 2 Back Band
- July 27: Delta Generators
Rollstone Rhythms Summer Concerts
Thursdays 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Join Rollstone Rhythms at the Smith Pavillion in Groton every third Thursday each month (June-September).
- June 16: Ronnie Earl & Friends (Blues)
- July 21: Boston's Erin Og (Traditional Irish)
- August 18: Livestock (Americana/Bluegrass)
- September 15: Cara Brindisi
Free Fun for Kids Summer Shows
Wednesday and Thursdays 10 AM - 12 PM Website
Free fun for kids! The National Park Service in Lowell presents free kid-friendly shows at Boarding House Park on most Wednesday and Thursday mornings during the summer. Concerts include music, magic, yo-yo artists, entertainers, theater, jugglers and more. Crafts and snacks will be available from 10-11 AM, and the show begins at 11 AM. 11 AM free lunches (age 2-18) provided by Lowell Public Schools. Bring blankets or lawn chairs to spread on the grass.
- July 13: Bryson Lang
- July 14: Curious Creatures
- Jul 20: Ben Rudnick & Friends
- August 3: Jenny The Juggler
- August 10: Hot Tamale Brass Band
- August 11: Animal Craze
- August 17: Dinoman
- August 18: Bonaparte
Lowell Summer Music Series Website
Purchase tickets well in advance for these popular concerts at Boarding House Park. Bring a picnic, lawn chairs or a blanket.
- June 18: The Mavericks
- June 24: Galeic Storm
- July 8: Max Weinberg's Jukebox
- July 15: Average White Band
- July 16: Bela Fleck
- July 22: The High Kings
- July 31: Lowell Folk Festival
- August 4: Graham Nash
- August 5: Fleetwood Mac's Rumours
- August 12: Kaleo
- August 13: New England Film Orchestra
- August 20: Madeleine Peyroux
- August 26: Amos Lee
- August 27 Hiss Golden Messenger & Aoife O'Donovan
- August 28: Indigo Girls
- September 1: Twiddle
- September 3: Sugar Ray and the Bluetones / Duke Robillard
- September 10: Banjo & Fiddle Contest
Tyler Park Concerts
Select Thursdays 6-8 PM Facebook page
The Friends of Tyler Park hosts free concerts in Tyler Park, 700 Westford St, Lowell. Face painting, balloons, hot dogs, and popcorn available. Music starts at 6:30 PM. Bring blankets or lawn chairs.
Tuesdays 6:30 PM July 12 - August 16 Facebook page
The Pepperell Business Association hosts a Summer Concert Series on Tuesday evenings at 6:30 PM (rain date is Wednesdays).
- July 12: Mick & Kid
- July 19: Eastwood Peak
- July 26: Nashoba Valley Concert Band
- August 2: RipChord
- August 9: Angela West & Showdown
- August 16: Soul Project
Mondays 6:30 PM July 18 - August 29 (except Aug 1) Facebook Page
The Tewksbury Public Library hosts a Summer Concert Series on Monday evenings on the library lawn.
- July 18: Ray of Elvis
- July 25: 4Ever Fab
- August 8: The Ultimate Tribute to Rod Stewart
- August 15: The Island Castaways Band
- August 22: Crush, Dave Matthews Tribute
- August 29: The Broken Heels
Good Pickin' Farm Summer Concert Series
Friday evenings from mid June through August
Bring lawn chairs, blankets and a picnic. Purchase tickets in advance.
- June 17: Suqnots
- June 24: Nabulous
- July 15: Elizabeth Lorrey
- July 29: White Street Band
- July 9: Illusions
- August 12: Blue Train
- August 26: King Saison
- September 9: Cellar Dwellers
Lowell Macaroni Kid is a free weekly newsletter and website focused on fun family events and information in the greater Lowell area.
We gather together all kinds of local family events and activities each week, and add useful information about classes, family-focused businesses, book and product reviews, recipes, crafts, school and camp guides and more. We proudly serve 11,000+ families in Lowell, Dracut, Chelmsford, Westford, Tyngsboro, Dunstable, Littleton, Groton, Billerica, Tewksbury, and other surrounding communities.
Subscribe today to receive our email newsletter every Wednesday!
Advertise with us to connect with thousands of local families!