One of my favorite memories as a child is enjoying a picnic with my family at a summer concert, running in the grass with other kids and dancing in front of the band. It's a relaxing, delightful summer tradition. The Greater Lowell area is rich with free summer music opportunities almost every night of the week. Below is a guide to all of the local summer music concert series. All concerts are listed on our Event Calendar.
Note that all performers are subject to change and concerts may be cancelled or rescheduled due to weather.
Summer Concerts on the Common
Monday evenings July 10 to July 31 at 7 PM
- July 10: Full Turn Band
- July 17: Perfect Crime Band
- July 24: The Rampage Trio
- July 31: Rico Barr Band
Chelmsford Community Band
Tuesdays evenings July 3 to August 15 Facebook page
All performances are held on the Chelmsford Town Common at 7 PM.
- July 3: Concert Band
- July 4:Chelmsford 4th of July Parade
- July 11: Jazz Band
- July 18: Concert Band
- July 25: Jazz Band
- August 1: Concert Band
- August 8: Jazz Band
- August 15: Concert Band
MacKay Library Concert Series
All ages are invited to enjoy a concert on the lawn at MacKay. Bring your chairs or a blanket and a picnic.
- July 5: Hungrytown! (adults)
- July 12: Paul Speidel (adults)
- July 19: The Highwaymen - Songs & Stories w/ Matt York
- July 26: Scott Oulette and Tom Lynch (adults)
- August 2: Silver Circus Performance (all ages)
- August 9: Ben Rudnick & Friends (all ages)
- August 23: Rockabye Beats! (all ages)
Parker Memorial Library Summer Concerts
Information not yet available
Wednesdays 6:30 - 8:30 PM Facebook page
All concerts held on the Dunstable Town Common at 510 Main St, Dunstable. Bring a blanket or lawn chairs.
- June 21: Delta Generators
- June 28: The Rampage Trio
- July 5: Hollis Twin Band
- July 12: Back 2 Back
- July 19: Dirty Water Brass Band
- July 26: The Band from UNCLE
Rollstone Rhythms Summer Concerts
Thursdays 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Join Rollstone Rhythms at the Smith Pavillion in Groton every third Thursday each month (June-September).
- June 16: Ronnie Earl & Friends (Blues)
- July 21: Boston's Erin Og (Traditional Irish)
- August 18: Livestock (Americana/Bluegrass)
- September 15: Cara Brindisi
Free Fun for Kids Summer Shows
Wednesday and Thursdays 10 AM - 12 PM Website
Free fun for kids! The National Park Service in Lowell presents free kid-friendly shows at Boarding House Park on most Wednesday and Thursday mornings during the summer. Concerts include music, magic, yo-yo artists, entertainers, theater, jugglers and more. Crafts and snacks will be available from 10-11 AM, and the show begins at 11 AM. 11 AM free lunches (age 2-18) provided by Lowell Public Schools. Bring blankets or lawn chairs to spread on the grass.
- July 12: Hot Tamale Brass Band
- July 13: YO-YO People
- July 19: Trend N Motion Animal Kingdom
- July 20: Curious Creatures
- August 2: Airborne Comedians
- August 9: Koliba Afropop
- August 10: Ben Rudnick & Friends
- August 16: Stevie Kidding Magic
- August 17: Magic by George
Lowell Summer Music Series Website
Purchase tickets well in advance for these popular concerts at Boarding House Park. Bring a picnic, lawn chairs or a blanket.
- June 17: Leonid & Friends: The Music of Chicago
- June 23: Keb' Mo'
- July 15: Dawes
- July 16: Andy Grammer
- July 30: Lowell Folk Festival
- August 3: Lyle Lovett & His Large Band
- August 4: Melissa Etheridge
- August 6: Pink Martini Featuring China Forbes
- August 11: Patty Griffin
- August 12: Matt Nathanson
- August 18: Classic Albums Live: Creedence Clearwater Revival
- August 19: Led Zepplin 2
- August 27: Angkor Dance Troupe
- August 31: The Robert Cray Band
- September 1: MOE.
- September 9: Banjo & Fiddle Contest
Tyler Park Concerts
Select Thursdays 6-8 PM Facebook page
The Friends of Tyler Park hosts free concerts in Tyler Park, 700 Westford St, Lowell. Face painting, balloons, hot dogs, and popcorn available. Music starts at 6:30 PM. Bring blankets or lawn chairs.
The Pepperell Business Association hosts a Summer Concert Series on Tuesday evenings at 6:30 PM (rain date is Wednesdays).
Mondays 6:30 PM July 18 - August 29 (except Aug 1) Facebook Page
The Tewksbury Public Library hosts a Summer Concert Series on Monday evenings on the library lawn.
Good Pickin' Farm Summer Concert Series
Friday evenings from mid June through August
Bring lawn chairs, blankets and a picnic. Purchase tickets in advance.
- June 23: White Street Band
- July 7: Elizabeth Lorrey
- July 21: Cousin Auntie's Ghost
- August 4: Momentum
- August 18: The Suqnots
Lowell Macaroni Kid is a free weekly newsletter and website focused on fun family events and information in the greater Lowell area.
We gather together all kinds of local family events and activities each week, and add useful information about classes, family-focused businesses, book and product reviews, recipes, crafts, school and camp guides and more. We proudly serve 11,000+ families in Lowell, Dracut, Chelmsford, Westford, Tyngsboro, Dunstable, Littleton, Groton, Billerica, Tewksbury, and other surrounding communities.
Subscribe today to receive our email newsletter every Wednesday!
Advertise with us to connect with thousands of local families!