Thanksgiving is all about family, gratitude, and of course, delicious food. This year, add some fun and creativity to your Thanksgiving feast with our easy Turkey Sugar Cookies. They're sure to be gobbled up!
These adorable turkey cookies are not only delicious but also super-duper easy to make — a great way to get kids involved in low-risk Thanksgiving prep. I love how each of the kids created turkeys with personality.
At Macaroni KID, we skip the fluff and get straight to the good stuff. No need to scroll through pages of unnecessary content — our recipes are easy to find. Now let's get cooking!
Turkey Sugar Cookies
- 24-round sugar cookies (you can make your own or buy store-bought!)
- Chocolate icing
- Red cookie decorating icing
- Candy corn (we used some we had leftover from Halloween 🎃)
- Candy eyes
Now, waddle your way into the kitchen with the kids and follow these easy-peasy directions.
- Follow the instructions to bake or prepare your cookies.
- Cover your cookie with chocolate icing for their feathery coat.
- Add candy corn for colorful feathers and a beak, the candy eyes, and red icing for the wattle. Don't be afraid to give your turkey personality!
Let the Thanksgiving cookie decorating party begin! You're not just making a tasty treat — you're creating happy family memories. Gobble gobble!
Leah Spencer is the publisher of Macaroni KID Takoma Park - Silver Spring, Md.
Lowell Macaroni Kid is a free weekly newsletter and website focused on fun family events and information in the greater Lowell area.
We gather together all kinds of local family events and activities each week, and add useful information about classes, family-focused businesses, book and product reviews, recipes, crafts, school and camp guides and more. We proudly serve 10,000+ families in Lowell, Dracut, Chelmsford, Westford, Tyngsboro, Dunstable, Littleton, Groton, Billerica, Tewksbury, and other surrounding communities.
Subscribe today to receive our email newsletter every Wednesday!
Advertise with us to connect with thousands of local families!