'Tis the season for hearts! We have an easy keepsake fingerprint heart craft that kids of all ages will enjoy creating, and the adults who love them will enjoy receiving! These fingerprint hearts make great homemade Valentine's Day cards.
Fingerprint Heart Art
What you'll need:
- Cardstock or heavy paper (2 pieces)
- Stamp pads, watercolors, or craft paint
- Scotch tape
- Wipes or a damp towel (for messy fingers)
1. Cut a heart out of one piece of paper.
2. Make three loops of tape and place on the back side of the heart. Then tape the heart to the center of the second piece of paper:
3. Select up to three colors from your stamp pads, watercolors, or craft paints.
4. Starting with the lightest color first, make fingerprints all around the heart. For the best effect, be sure to overlap from the taped heart to the paper underneath.
5. Press painted fingerprints close together and overlapping near the heart, and more spread out as you get toward the edge of the bottom paper.
6. Repeat, using a different color each time. Use less of each subsequent color.
7. Carefully peel the heart cut-out off of the bottom paper.
The finished product is a colorful card, perfect for Valentine's Day! Have fun playing with different color combinations, and try other cut-out shapes throughout the year!
Lowell Macaroni Kid is a free weekly newsletter and website focused on fun family events and information in the greater Lowell area.
We gather together all kinds of local family events and activities each week, and add useful information about classes, family-focused businesses, book and product reviews, recipes, crafts, school and camp guides and more. We proudly serve 10,000+ families in Lowell, Dracut, Chelmsford, Westford, Tyngsboro, Dunstable, Littleton, Groton, Billerica, Tewksbury, and other surrounding communities.
Subscribe today to receive our email newsletter every Wednesday!
Advertise with us to connect with thousands of local families!