Sometimes my kids really want to make s'mores, but I am just not in the mood to make a big campfire. Maybe it is raining or maybe I am just tired... That's how we came up with trying this quick and easy, low mess s'mores snack. It's easy enough for moms to love, and fun and different enough for kids to love too!
What you need:
- One candle or tealight per kid
- One toothpick per kid
- Chocolate chips
- Mini marshmallows
- Your favorite cinnamon or graham cereal
- A plate
- Parental supervision
1. Set up your cooking area. Be sure to keep your candle away from loose clothing and remind your children to never reach over the flame to grab other objects.
2. Hold your toothpick and mini marshmallow about an inch above the flame.
3. Rotate until toasty. This will only take a short amount of time, so be sure to rotate and not get too close to the flame!
4. Place a chocolate chip on one piece of graham cereal, and sandwich the marshmallow in between the second graham.
5. Enjoy your mini treat and repeat!
Because this involves a flame, please only make these s'mores with adult supervision.