Do you love Macaroni KID and feel it's made a difference for you and your family? Are you looking for a part time, work from home opportunity to bring in income and fulfill your entrepreneurial goals in a way that's fun and manageable for your family? Do you enjoy being out and about with the kids, learning about family-friendly businesses, visiting local fun places to play, and sharing information on great activities for families? Lowell Macaroni KID needs you!
I'm looking for an Assistant Publisher to learn the ropes of Macaroni KID. The work includes:
- Keep the event calendar packed with all the local family fun
- Write articles about local events and features and research and prepare guides to local and regional family fun
- Be active on social media, sharing information, events and interesting activities with readers on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and other platforms you enjoy using and that are relevant for our target market (local parents)
- Implement marketing campaigns for local businesses, sharing their information in articles, eblasts and on social media. Work with clients to develop creative and effective campaigns.
- Fulfill national campaign requirements and support national Macaroni KID
- Coordinate large and small local events, such as a Summer Camp Fair or holiday event, and participate in local community events with your own Macaroni KID booth
Some of the wonderful benefits of working for Macaroni KID:
- It's part time -- you make your own hours. Depending on how the Assistant Publisher position is structured and your available time, it should take 5-20 hours per week
- It's entrepreneurial -- use all your great skills to build the business and help both local parents and local businesses
- Free stuff! Receive free tickets to shows and large venues. Visit with your family, take lots of pictures, and share your experiences in an article and on social media.
- Be an influencer. Pretty cool! Reach thousands of local parents via Macaroni KID and our social media platforms. If you love being an influencer, there are also lots of national campaigns you can work on.
- Involve your kids as needed (readers love seeing your kids and your life!)
- Macaroni KID has an amazing online group of Publishers who offer tons of support, ideas and enthusiasm
- Lots of growth opportunity
Ideal experience and education for this role:
- A business degree would be great but isn't necessary. At least 5 years of hands-on business experience is a fine substitute.
- It would be helpful if your work experience include basic business skills such as financial basics (invoicing), working with clients, marketing basics, project management, and good writing skills. A past role in marketing or as an administrator in a small business is ideal.
- A good grasp of business software and web publishing is important, particularly Google apps (Doc, Sheets, Slides) and some experience with graphics and publishing on the web.
As mentioned, this is an entrepreneurial opportunity so compensation depends on overall revenue. Lowell Macaroni KID is a well-established edition with a large client base and annual events. More details will be provided to candidates who are sincerely interested and have the appropriate experience.
If you're interested, please email me (Barbara Evangelista, Publisher) at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 978-239-3038. A resume would be great and some information on how your experience and interests mesh with Macaroni KID.