It's a good time to read! Even if we can't get out as much, books bring the world to us. Sign up today for these free summer reading programs.
Barnes and Noble: Summer Reading Program for Grades 1-6
- Read eight books and record them in your Summer Reading Journal along with some details about each book
- Bring your completed journal to Barnes & Noble until August 31
- Choose a free book from the list on the back of the journal
Billerica Public Library: Oceania Odyssey: A Celebration of the South Pacific
- Register and log reading time online
- Read for a minimum of 60 minutes each week until August 14 to earn tickets for prizes
Chelmsford Public Library: Imagine Your Story
- Read 15 minutes per day and log your time. Earn raffle tickets and badges for every 7 days of reading.
- Complete optional activities for additional badges/tickets
- Track your reading until September 1
Parker Memorial Library, Dracut: Imagine Your Story
Summer reading program for kids
- Track your reading through August 21
Groton Public Library: Imagine Your Story
- Each person sets their own goal
- Log your progress and earn prizes and raffle tickets
- Track your reading through August 31
Reuben Hoar Library, Littleton: Imagine Your Story
- Track hours of reading and earn raffle tickets
- Track your reading through August 22
Pollard Memorial Library, Lowell: Imagine Your Story
- Track hours of reading, complete missions, and earn raffle tickets
- Track your reading through August 7
Tewksbury Public Library: Imagine Your Story
- Track reading time and participate in missions to earn prizes and raffle tickets
- Track your reading through August 14
Tyngsborough Public Library: Imagine Your Story
Summer reading for children, teens and adults
- Children track reading minutes, teens and adults track books read
- Complete missions, write books reviews and play games to earn raffle tickets
- Track your reading through August 20
Fletcher Library, Westford: Imagine Your Story
- Each person sets their own weekly reading goal (minutes for young children, days for teens, books for adults)
- Log your reading time, earn prizes, complete missions and enter raffles
Lowell Macaroni Kid is a free weekly newsletter and website focused on fun family events and information in the greater Lowell area.
We gather together all kinds of local family events and activities each week, and add useful information about classes, family-focused businesses, book and product reviews, recipes, crafts, school and camp guides and more. We proudly serve 11,000+ families in Lowell, Dracut, Chelmsford, Westford, Tyngsboro, Dunstable, Littleton, Groton, Billerica, Tewksbury, and other surrounding communities.
Subscribe today to receive our email newsletter every Wednesday!