Halloween, and the weeks leading up to it, are a great time to have fun in the kitchen. Here are four Halloween-inspired meal ideas that are easy, fun to make, and certain to thrill your kids:
Yummy Mummy Chicken Patty
- Place a partially-cooked chicken patty on an unrolled roll of crescent or pizza dough and cut to size, leaving enough to fold over the top.
- Make slits in the top randomly across the chicken patty.
- Slice string cheese into discs for the eyes, and use an edible pen to make the black dot.
- Be sure to cook the chicken patties about halfway through before placing in the crescent dough so it cooks through thoroughly when you bake the dough.
This example is a PB&J, but any sandwich filling will do!
- Cut sandwich it in a circle.
- Add pretzel spider legs.
- Depending on what kind of sandwich you're making, you can use anything from grapes to olives to chocolate candy for the eyes!
Green Mac & Cheese
What kid doesn't like mac and cheese?
- Simply add a little green food coloring and you've got a kooky Halloween meal!
Snake and finger bread sticks
- Cut crescent or pizza dough into slices, then roll and shape it into the appropriate shapes.
- Use a toothpick to create shapes of knuckles and fingernails and extra dough to make a snake tongue.
- Color the fingernails with red edible pen or use pieces of a red bell pepper. Make eyes from small candy sprinkles.
From my kooky kitchen to yours, have a fun and safe Halloween!