Do you enjoy writing or sharing advice or tips online?
Do you know what's happening around town and love to share?
Do you enjoy going to kids' shows and family entertainment destinations?
Would you like to meet other local moms and dads?
Do you have great ideas for other events, articles, or activities Lowell Macaroni Kid could do?
Do you sometimes think, "I wish Lowell Macaroni Kid would do..."?
If you do, WE WANT YOU!
We are looking to build a "Lowell Macaroni Kid Tribe" -- a small network of connected moms and dads who enjoy writing, exploring, and sharing, who are filled with ideas, and who love to dream big and will help us grow. We have so many ideas and need our Tribe's help to figure out which ones to jump on first! We also want to present more unique and local voices, who have different perspectives, kids of different ages, and different interests.
What will we ask of you?
- Develop a story idea (local content always preferred), get approval and write it for our website. As long as your story idea is approved, you will be paid.
- Sign up for (and deliver) a specific story assignment that we offer, which may include product, venue or event reviews, or going to a kids show or even a popular family destination (tickets will be provided). (Note that when we provide free tickets, free product or free meals, we do not provide payment for the article. We also do not reimburse for travel to and from a show or destination.)
- Join occasional Tribe meetings where we brainstorm, share ideas, provide constructive criticism, eat yummy snacks, and generally help Lowell Macaroni Kid meet local parents' and local businesses' needs
- Be a Lowell Macaroni Kid ambassador. Help share our site and what we do. The more subscribers and fans we get, the more opportunities we receive -- free tickets to shows, amusement parks, even trips.
- Let us know about local events in your town so we can add them to the calendar!
Interested? We are accepting a small number of Tribe members at this time, and hope to get one or two people from each of the towns we cover (Lowell, Chelmsford, Westford, Littleton, Groton, Billerica, Tewksbury, Dracut, Tyngsboro, Dunstable).
Please email Barbara at email@example.com and include your thoughts on why you'd be a good fit for the Lowell Macaroni Kid Tribe. We are growing fast and want to include local moms and dads in our growth!
Lowell Macaroni Kid reserves the right to choose as many or as few tribe members and articles as needed. We cannot guarantee perks or free tickets. We reserve the right to modify the terms and membership of, or cancel, the Tribe program for any reason at any time. We may ask you to sign a confidentiality agreement or non-compete agreement.
Articles published become the property of Lowell Macaroni Kid and may not be republished in any competing publication. By submitting your photos, you are giving permission for Lowell Macaroni Kid to post them on Facebook and to use the images on our website and other social media channels for the purpose of any Macaroni Kid marketing, and you release Macaroni Kid from any reasonable expectation of privacy or confidentiality, credits or royalty payments associated with the images.
Training and guidance will be provided.