This recipe for Peppermint Oreo Bark is easy enough that the kids can help with the preparation. And there's no baking involved - just your microwave and freezer. Best of all, two batches can be prepared in just under an hour. Nice, huh?
Peppermint Oreo Bark
- Candy Canes (a box of the full sized*, or 10 mini)
- Oreo Cookies (approx. 12)
- White Chocolate Chips
- Milk Chocolate or Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Wax or Parchment Paper
- Cookie Sheet
- Line cookie sheet with either wax paper or parchment paper.
- Crush the Oreo cookies into bite site chunks and set aside.
- Crush the candy canes and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt 1 cup of the chocolate chips in the microwave (approx. 2 minutes).
- Pour the melted chocolate onto wax paper and spread out into a square or rectangle. Top with the crushed Oreo cookies.
- Place in freezer for about 10 minutes, until set.
- Melt 1 3/4 cups of the white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Note: White chocolate tends to be a bit trickier than regular chocolate, so watch it carefully.
- Spread the white chocolate over the Oreo cookie chocolate base. Top with the crushed candy canes.
- Place back in the freezer for another 10-15 minutes or until set.
- Break into chunks or cut into pieces and enjoy!